F&E Combined

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my f&e is pumping over and BG said it would be best to combine both pipes (££££££££) and lose the vent, is this a job that can be possibly done by a diyer thanks Billy

Sponsored Links
Hi my f&e is pumping over and BG said it would be best to combine both pipes (££££££££) and lose the vent, is this a job that can be possibly done by a diyer thanks Billy
I wouldn't lose the vent, if its done exactly like mine was, 50 years ago from new then can almost give a 100% guarantee that you will get no pumpover. Obviously cannot be used with a solid fuel boiler.
Before rushing off can you post a photo/details of your existing system.

Attachments

• Combined Cold Feed & Vent. rev1.JPG
    Combined Cold Feed & Vent. rev1.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 47
Changing to combined is tackling the symptoms, not the cause. My guess is the overpumping is due to a restriction between the vent and feed connections. Needs clearing. I assume the system is piped boiler - open vent - cold feed - pump.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your responses will take the joints apart and clean the H

Did I see a picture of your H a few minutes ago?, seems to have disappeared, but if so looks as if it might have been cut out sometime and replaced with all compression fittings so no problem in opening it up now??.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back