F&E Tank circulating hot water

That's done it!
:D

My situation is not resolved yet though.

Can one attacth a vent to the expension cistern & the feed from the expansion cistern to a vertically climbing 28mm HF from the boiler [before the Grundfos Domestic Circulator-Pump]? in that order? Will that stop over flowing with pump speed at 2 & 3? [My pump is set at 1 at present]
My situation as in the photo?

Regards

Sponsored Links
does your pic not already show the vent & c/f on the vertical pipe just above the tee ? your pump shouldn't be tipped up like it shows it should be level (unless it's just the angle of the pic)

does your pic not already show the vent & c/f on the vertical pipe just above the tee ? your pump shouldn't be tipped up like it shows it should be level (unless it's just the angle of the pic)

Mine at present having issues: The vent pumping over when the motor is set in either 2 or 3.
Does it matter where they are attached? Should they be attached below the Tee? if that is so can they both be attached on the Flow pipe from the boiler?

Regards

Sponsored Links
the vent & c/f are ok the prob you have is when the heating valve closes the pump will continue to run (on pump over run) which will go down the bypass & pump over if the vent isn't high enough in the roof, with a y plan ie a mid postion valve this wouldn't happen as at least one port is always open so in your case it would just pump around the cylinder until the pump over run switches off, the vent should go up over the tank by 12" before it goes back down into the tank lid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back