F&E Tank contains hot water and is overflowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon,

Recently i was informed that one of my overflow was leaking which is traced back to my F&E tank which is on top of my water heater. The water in there is hot and it getting up quite high which is why it is overflowing.

I have drained the water down a couple of time an move the ball float down the arm to try and stop the fill up. The ballvalve still seems to drip when when the tank is high.

I am guessing the valve will need replacing.

The main issue is why the water is so hot, is this to do with the cistern being on top of the water heater/tank or because the heater is filling it up with hot water?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
what do you mean by "water heater?"

please post some pics

Sponsored Links
It's hot because the store is hot. I don't really see anywhere for there to be confusion! :unsure:

Yes, lots of those near where I work. The tank on top will be hot if the thermal store below is hot, it will rise up naturally. It shouldn't overflow though obviously! New ball valve likely needed. Think they do a 'proper' one which is designed to be constantly at high temperatures which will last longer but a normal one would work (cheaper) although with a shorter life...

Awesome. I have turned the water off to the ballvalve for the last 24hours and marked the tank to see if the water level rises again.

If it does then i have no idea but if it has stayed the same then new ballvalve will be ordered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back