F&E tank for a megaflo?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a couple of plumbers around to give me a quote for a megaflo. One plumber mentioned that I would need an F&E tank for the heating particularly as one of my options is to retain the old boiler but the other plumber said nothing about it and it does not appear on his quote.

Does a megaflo need an F & E tank fitted for the heating in all cases or only if an old boiler is being retained? If not where does the expansion go?

Sponsored Links
If the old boiler cannot be a sealed system then yes youll need to keep the F&E tank

So a sealed system keeps the CH pipe work and radiators under a higher water pressure which is relieved by an expansion vessel then or have I got it all wrong? Is it a bad idea to seal an 18 year old boiler that used to be open vented?

Yeah not a good idea mate unless ya gonna change the boiler and another weak spot will be the rad valves !!

Sponsored Links
It may not be possible to go sealed system on your boiler. It also makes no difference to a megaflow wether a boiler is open vented or sealed system.

Do check that the fitter is qualified (Ask for his card) to fit a Megaflow. While it is not difficult to instal a Megaflow, unqualified person may not be aware of needs or requirements of fittings and pipe sizes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back