F&E Tank Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an f&e tank in the loft along side a 50 gallon water tank. Boiler is a standard conventional system with no issues, radiators are fine etc.Taking a look in the loft i have discovered that the f&e tank water level does not seem to have moved in some time as there is cob webs over the ballcock.

Even if the boiler is on CH & HW the water is the same level?
Does this sound like an issue?

Sorry not too familiar with heating / plumbing setups!

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks

Why do some peoples levels change when the radiators are on, is this a different setup to mine?

The water level may rise with expansion, but the ball valve float doesn't move because the valve is already closed. The level just rises around the float.

If the water level does drop, usually just through evaporation from the header tank in a healthy system, the float only has to drop a fraction of an inch to replenish the small amount lost when the system cools.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back