F*sking slow payers!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did a kitchen for a landlord, pre xmas last year. This involved ripping out the old stuff and fitting good but used units (supplied by the tenant). Also installing new wiring all round the kitchen.

The job came to £1068.

Nothing was said at the time about payment (more fool me, I knew them and trusted them) and I've only just received the next-to-last installment after a lot of shilly-shallying about, with reminders, excuses, delaying tactics, flying back and forth.

They still owe me 68 quid and I'm determined to get it now.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
You say that you knew and trusted them. However, the warning signs were there, ie. landlord and used units.

After getting caught a couple of times with landlords, I won't touch them with a barge pole.

Builder friend phoned me up the other day to ask if I wanted to fit a boiler for his customer who is a landlord. Hmm, let me think about that one......................

I've done work for them plenty of times and payment has always followed within a month.

I know that things are a bit tougher for them at the moment - they're not full-time landlords, the property was left to them by an aunt - and their financial situation has taken a bit of a dive, but what pixxxes me off is that I actually mentioned to them that I was prepared to take payments and they said it was ok, they'd pay in full at the end.

Actually, they were trying to get the tenant to pay some of it, bloody cheek.
Anyway, without asking me if it was ok, they decided to take me up on my offer of payments, without telling me - the sods.

First thing I knew about it was a cheque for €250 and promise of more. :evil:

wouldnt touch them with a barge-pole - better to be sat on your a*** skint than doing a few weeks work then being skint - a couple of years back we got done for 12k :evil: - lesson learned and all that.....

Sponsored Links
I find the worst people for paying are those that have plenty of money. They find any excuse to hang on to it. Best payers are those that perhaps struggle just a little bit, but have their pride and good name to think about.

wouldnt touch them with a barge-pole - better to be sat on your a*** skint than doing a few weeks work then being skint - a couple of years back we got done for 12k :evil: - lesson learned and all that.....

S**t that a harsh figure :eek:

Experience has shown us personaly that when it comes to pay time they decide to haggle and then proceed to tell us what THEY are going to pay us rather than what was previously agreed.

It may be customry to do that in their country/society but when in Rome...........you do as the Romans do simple as.

Its nothing to do with Racism :rolleyes:

Bet his ad says: decent, honest and paying clients only - of any colour.

No, just correctly IMHO pre-judging on experience.

We do the same with "suits"

"suits":
images

High paid people, richer than average and always, always asking for discounts

"suits":
images

High paid people, richer than average and always, always asking for discounts

Oh got it.

I don't see an issue with someone asking for a discount, before a price is agreed.
But any decent person should and would pay the agreed amount for the work done. Pre-judging someone as a slow payer – non payer, based on their colour or race is defiantly wrong in my books.

I had a (I won't go into his race) plumber started being funny about the job being too much for the price. Even though he had quoted it himself a week earlier.

Sponsored Links
Back