F05 on Hotpoint washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m hopeful someone will be able to help me fix our washing machine.

As these things tend to, it started showing an error over Christmas, and with a newborn and toddler in the house creating plenty of washing. I got it working again but the fault is back. Perhaps time to call an engineer but hopefully there are things I can try first?

The machine is a Hotpoint RSG 864 J

The error is F05 (all four lights on the machine flash) it happens during the cycle with the drum empty. This initially happened consistently (tried a few programmes).

I first tried blowing down the pressure sensor hose towards the chamber (not into the sensor), cleaning the filter at the bottom front, and also putting 2l of water into the drum and running the spin cycle.

This seemed to do the trick and it worked for a couple cycles a day for a week or so but now the error is back and the above is not resolving it.

Incidentally the spin cycle runs to the end but then shows the error, so at least I can hand wash and spin in the meantime!

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps it is time for a new pressure switch, I'm not sure whether it is a mechanical or electronic type on your machine so cannot advise on testing. The only other thing I can suggest is to ensure the air tube has not been nipped or kinked somewhere along its length & there is nothing in the pump body that could be obstructing the pipe connector intermittently.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back