Indesit Washing Machine: stuck 1 minute to go

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, First time posting here. Trying to search for some advice.

I have a Indesit Washing Machine Mod: IWE 7145S. The machine is 8 years old.

2 Days ago it stopped mid cycle and came up with Error F05. I have moved it outside to check the drainage and now it works all the way through, however it stays on 1 minute to go and constantly drains water with the drum going round as if it is working normaly, but the timer stays on 1 Minute.

I have tried it on a spin cycle and it works normally.

Any ideas before I go shopping for a new one?

Sponsored Links
You need to check the level sensor which is an air pressure switch essentially. It will have a tube coming off the bottom of the drum to a usually round device with a few wires on it . Sometimes they get stuck or get suds in or the pipe to it blocks etc. always worth giving that a whack and blow out the pipe to see if it sorts it. Also check the filter on the drain pump and that that it is indeed draining normally.

Hi Jadele, The drain pump is working normally as I checked there last night and today. I have moved the machine to outside and it no longer comes up with the error, but still sticks on 1 minute to go.

I have no tried it on a different programme to see what happens at the end of this one.

Sponsored Links
As Jadele says either the pressure switch is sticking in on(closed) position, because the tube is blocked, or it needs replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back