F28 on Vaillant Eco Tec Pro 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have an F28 errror code on my Vaillant Eco Tec Pro 24.
I've searched other F28 threads but I still can't work out how to fix it so I'm hoping someone can help please?

We have a top-up card for our gas meter which ran out of credit, which we realised after there was no hot water. After topping up the card we still have no hot water or heating and the error code F28 appears.
I've tried the reset button several times but no joy.
What else should I be checking/doing please?

Thanks
Chantal

Sponsored Links
If you have a gas hob/oven - light them to see if they work and to check that your gas is actually back on.

Additionally, check your gas meter, most credit meters tell you if the gas is on/off.

If you’ve pressed the reset button, the fault clears and then comes back when it tries to relight, that is as far as you can go with the boiler. You can press it a couple of times, but if it doesn’t want to light, you’ll need a gas (wo)man.

Make sure you haven’t changed or rotated any valves on the meter or under the boiler. And then, hate to say it, gas (wo)man job. Vaillant are notorious for F28 issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back