Failed three way value (Honeywell V4073A 1039)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Think the 'subject' says it all - my three way valve (Honeywell V4073A) has failed. I don't know the terminology, but whenever the central heating is on (room stat calling for heat), the hot water is getting heated as well.

What is involved in replacing this? Is it a 'wet' plumbing job, i.e. do I have to drain down, remove the whole unit and replace it? Or can I just replace the motorised head? (If just the head, is this a DIY job? I'm definitely not the sort of DIYer who's getting into pipe work, but I'm happy with basic electrics).

If I get a plumber in, anyone want to give me a ballpark estimate as to how long it'll take, how much it'll cost?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
More likely the rubber ball is letting by when ch on only.
Could be crud in the port restricting it from fully closing hw port.

You'll need to drain down to remove valve.

They vary in price £40 to £85 from various sources. If access is ok then a good engineer would bung the system and change the valve in 1-1.5 hours including wiring in. That would include preparation and clearing up and testing the operation of your system controls. Anything from £150-£200.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, both. That's answered my question: It's one to leave to someone who knows what they're doing.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back