Faint printing on laser fax.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Brother 8070p fax which has been printing faint over the centre and to one side/edge of the page. The other egde is crisp and black. I replaced the toner cartridge, thinking that was the problem, but the printing is still the same.

On looking more closely, I can see there is blooming on the inaccessible side of the scanner window. in the places where the printing is faint. I either need a new window, or need to clean this one.

Can anyone tell me how to do either of these options please?

Sponsored Links
I think that it is better that you should check the drum and the printer cartridges, try to get new printer cartridges or remanufactured printer cartridges rather than compatible ones if you are using them. You can find almost all models of printer cartridges in the market.

Thanks for your reply, as I said above I have replaced the toner cartridge, with no improvement. The print engine is a major expense to change, when I can see the possible problem elsewhere on a much cheaper component.

I am sure the scanner window is the problem, as I can see there is something on the lower surface of the window exactly where the printing on the page is faintest.

Sponsored Links
Back