fair price

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we rent a house out and of all days the tenant rang me up bank hol monday to say she had to hot water and no heating. anyhow to cut a long story short her boyfriend is a gas fitter and we said he could have a look, a nd it turned out to be the control board hes charging us £195 thats with vat and labour just wondered if this seems a fair price many thaxs

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Strange how he just happened to have one of these kicking about on a bank holiday :rolleyes: :confused:

As long as you see the old part left on site then the price is ok.

I dont know many people who would fit parts that cost £100+ when all they've been asked is to 'have a look'

One might wonder if they were sitting about over the weekend and came up with a scheme to make £195 ?

We keep a lot of spare parts but not that one as we have only changed two over the last two years.

It seems very suspicious to me!

As the price included vat then did he give you a proper vat receipt?

Tony

One might wonder if they were sitting about over the weekend and came up with a scheme to make £195 ?
Was it, or was it not, a fair price?

We keep a lot of spare parts but not that one as we have only changed two over the last two years.
Well done. Now was it, or was it not, a fair price?

It seems very suspicious to me!
That's nice. Now was it, or was it not, a fair price?

As the price included vat then did he give you a proper vat receipt?
Not that it's any of your business, but nobody said that the fitter was VAT registered, merely that the price paid was all inclusive.

thanks for the replies sounds about right then price wise he didnt fit it bank hol he had to order it and he mended it yesterday

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back