Fair tax: Maybe rich people should pay it too."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also not true.

Plenty of examples of C-level contracts with multiple million payouts for hitting performance goals. = taxable income.
Plenty of small start ups, where investors personally borrow money to build the business and leverage Entrepreneurs tax relief for small businesses. = lower tax.

who is left with debt if they fail?

you do rack them up.

Sponsored Links
You are all over the shop with your justification.

Your argument that lower level of CGT encourages enterprise / innovation etc is based on fallacy -

Also not true.

Plenty of examples of C-level contracts with multiple million payouts for hitting performance goals. = taxable income.
Plenty of small start ups, where investors personally borrow money to build the business and leverage Entrepreneurs tax relief for small businesses. = lower tax.

who is left with debt if they fail?

you do rack them up.

Muhahahahahaahahahahahaah

So your bringing in personal anecdotes - winning argument lad.

So you just argued against yourself - genius move.

So who is left with the debt? So your argument is what now?

Sponsored Links
US article on US tax. and a second post full of gibberish.

Your point is lower capital gains.

Obviously you didnt read it . Its the same question that gets asked by idiotic right wingers and the answers remains the same but it won't stop idiots from asking it and being told over and over again.

Do lower taxes on capital gains spur economic growth? By reducing the disincentive to invest, a lower capital gains tax rate might encourage more investment, leading to higher economic growth. Many factors determine growth, but the tax rate on capital gains does not appear to be a major factor, as evidenced in figure 1, which shows the top tax rates on long-term capital gains along with real economic growth from 1954 to 2019.

Show me one example of a C-level exec, who is not on a performance plan and I'll show you a person who isn't a C-level exec.

if you don't think tax is a factor, why do you think so many high techs are leaving Silicon Valley for lower tax regions?

Show me one example of a C-level exec, who is not on a performance plan and I'll show you a person who isn't a C-level exec.

if you don't think tax is a factor, why do you think so many high techs are leaving Silicon Valley for lower tax regions?

I like how you are trying to switch this to personal anecdotes.

Read the link - it seems facing reality is too hard for you.

I like how you think tax is the only factor - its like your Brexit fantasy - do you live in the real world?

Again provide evidence and not personal anecdotes.

"Many factors determine growth, but the tax rate on capital gains does not appear to be a major factor, as evidenced in figure 1, which shows the top tax rates on long-term capital gains along with real economic growth from 1954 to 2019."

So again provide evidence re the level of capital gains tax on economic growth.

Right wing free market dolts just rinse and repeat the same garbage over and over again. Then provide the evidence you are supposedly a lawyer.

It's not all about growth, even if that one article has credibility.. I can think of a couple of other things. You not?
Ask yourself why the current labour chancellor says she isn't going to hike the taxes people in this thread are on about?
Maybe she knows something the noisy ones hereabouts, don't.
Check a few other countries - like I did?

" UK entrepreneur and Labour party donor Dale Vince is planning to challenge the country’s tax authority over the way it taxes private equity profits.

The planned legal action is the latest twist in a long-running debate over the tax treatment of so-called carried interest, the share of profit buyout fund managers typically receive from asset sales. Such payments are currently taxed as capital gains, rather than at the higher rate of ordinary income.

The payments dealmakers can individually earn from successful deals can run into the tens of millions. In the tax year 2020-21, a group of just 255 of the UK’s top private equity executives earned £2.7bn in carried interest."

FT.com

Is that anything about an "entrepreneur" with a small-business start up?

No.

That's just an attempted diversion.

It's not all about growth, even if that one article has credibility.. I can think of a couple of other things. You not?
Ask yourself why the current labour chancellor says she isn't going to hike the taxes people in this thread are on about?
Maybe she knows something the noisy ones hereabouts, don't.
Check a few other countries - like I did?

What is not all about growth?

What are these other things? Where is the details?

What countries and what did you check? A real lack of details seems to suggest you cannot put forward an argument other than look over there and scarper off.

What is not all about growth?

What are these other things? Where is the details?

What countries and what did you check? A real lack of details seems to suggest you cannot put forward an argument other than look over there and scarper off.

What countries did you check. None?

No it's not all about growth. You've already had some.

I know a bit of detail about a couple of them but I'm not going to argue with someone who sounds determined to be an obdurate simpleton.
I checked France and Germany. I already told you that. I quoted something of a rate, iirc 12% gets taxed at a variable rate, or summat.

Get off your googling bottom and find out - here's Netherlands.... https://taxsummaries.pwc.com/Netherlands/Individual/Income-determination
"..... Capital Gains Not taxed, except as...." boxes I can't be bothered to look at but obviously it's complex, not all as normal income.
"Interest income that does not qualify as income from substantial interest (see below) is taxed in accordance with the rules on the taxation of dividend income, i.e. taxable in box 3. The actual interest income received is thus not taxable."

An "All got to be the same %" assertion is as pitiable as that a 12 year old would make.

"No, sonny, there are lots of things different countries treat differently for a variety of reasons, go look it up for homework". I don't need to have details of all of them to know the 12 year old is talking crap, however many times he repeats it.

Last edited:
JD" said:
1686707172033.png

The forum number 1 dumb troll knows exactly who I mean but would prefer not to address the matter.

Why JD do you think LABOUR SHADOW CHANCELLOR Rachel Reeves has denied she's aiming to change taxes you're on about?
Actually don't bother answering, you'll only make up more poo.

Is that anything about an "entrepreneur" with a small-business start up?

No.

That's just an attempted diversion.
It sounds like you don't know who the politician and Entrepreneur Dale Vince is and his small start up business? I'm also not convinced you understand where Carried Interest occurs.

Start ups typically go through 4 main funding rounds: seed, series A, series B, and series C - It is the profits on the growth that PE and VC firms can draw as Carried Interest and declare as CG. Their regular employment earnings are PAYE or in many cases Self Employed income tax.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back