Fake/counterfeit on site guide

CBW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening,

So, to possibly help me with some education, I decided to purchase a copy the 18th edition on site guide; BS7671:2018. I knew about the BS blue cover having fake ones being produced, but I’ve since read the on site guide can suffer the same fate too. I bought it from ebay from a seller who’s son bought it, but changed career path.

I’ve no reason to doubt the seller really, but just wanted some sort of piece of mind/clarification.

It has a hologram on the inside cover, but never having owned or read one, I don’t know what I’m looking for. I’ve read typo’s can appear, but wanted to know if anyone knew a common theme with fake ones? How many pages is it supposed to have? How many chapters and appendixes?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
For the brown version which applies to BS7671:2018+A2:2022

Round hologram inside front cover lower left corner.
Semi-gloss paper which is consistent throughout.
Sections 1-12 inclusive, Appendix A-L inclusive.
Last numbered page is 242, which is the index for V,W,Z

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks @flameport. I should have said, I purchased the blue copy, which, as you know is prior to the amendment

Sponsored Links
why did you buy the previous version ?
Tbh, don’t know, probably because it was cheaper and it’s for learning purposes. I thought I read that there was only 1 amendment? I’m not a spark, and have no desire currently to become one (if I could I probably would).

Last edited:
Perhaps a counterfeit one has fewer mistakes than the 'genuine'.
Who knows? ... although I doubt that a counterfeiter would know anything about what mistakes could do with correction ;)

However, I would presume that the contents of a 'counterfeit' copy would be essentially identical to the real one, so it would probably be perfectly satisfactory from a reader's point-of-view.

Kind Regards, John

Last numbered page 216 with index part of T then U V W Z.
Hologram is square.
Sections 1-11, appendix A-L.
Excellent, thank you. It seems it is likely genuine then as I have all of those.

Tbh, don’t know, probably because it was cheaper and it’s for learning purposes. I thought I read that there was only 1 amendment? I’m not a spark, and have no desire currently to become one (if I could I probably would).

As sure as night follows day, the next version -Amendment 3 or the 19th Edition is being created right now...................

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back