family argument about SWA

without first contacting the earthed covering.
Indeed, I guess that is exactly what I meant by "reliable". in the event of spade going in, the earth path is assured before anything else is contacted. whilst the CPC may be doing its job, one would most likely strike into an active conductor before the CPC.

Sponsored Links
They used to run flexes through garden hose on GroundForce... don't know where they got their electrical "knowledge" from...

They used to run flexes through garden hose on GroundForce... don't know where they got their electrical "knowledge" from...
As I said, although I haven't found (haven't yet looked for!) them, I'm pretty certain that at least some DIY books of yesteryear actually advised that practice. I'll try to find time to have a look later.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
It's a bit rubbish....

Even the 13th Ed. (1955) mentions using metal-sheathed cable, if necessary armoured or installed in pipes, or MICCS. Cables shall be installed at a depth of at least 18 inches. Where the cable is liable to be subsequently disturbed, cable covers should be provided.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back