fan/ flue issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Potterton Performer 28 Combi. No h/w or c/h. Flashing warning light for the above. Checked the flue for blockages and it's fine. Plumber work mate took the casing off and can't see any obvious problems. Is there a way to check what is causing the fault? He suggested APS first then fan.

Sponsored Links
I've tried resetting it a few times with no joy. Fan turns manually so no jams or bearing trouble

Sponsored Links
Hi All
Potterton Performer 28 Combi. No h/w or c/h. Flashing warning light for the above. Checked the flue for blockages and it's fine. Plumber work mate took the casing off and can't see any obvious problems. Is there a way to check what is causing the fault? He suggested APS first then fan.

Should be easy enough to diagnose with a multimeter. Only needs a couple of checks by an RGI to determine which it is.

If he is gas registered ( which he should be to work on boilers ) then he should know what to do.

If he really does not know then he can register for the closed section of this site where he can be given some advice.

Tony

Hi Tony, he's Gas safe registered. He just fits them though! The firm has a separate maintenance team who troubleshoot. I only got him in for advice before it cost me a fortune. (should've took out the service plan eh?)

As long as he is GS registered then he can sign up for the closed part of this forum where he will be given whatever advice he may need.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back