Fan for bread proover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a fan to go inside a bread proover in a local bakery. (Machine is very old and spare parts unlikely to be available)
It needs to be about 140mm diamater
I have looked at oven fans but the blades obviously will not pick up the air and blow it out the top due to the design of them. This fan will need to sit at the top of a chamber where the element is to blow the hot air out and into the oven
Temperature inside is about 50oC I believe.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
It will also have a high humidity in there. PC Case fan sounds like it may be a good idea..

Sponsored Links
let's suppose air goes in at the bottom and out at the top.

A fan can be positioned in either of these places.

The top will be warm and humid. The bottom won't.

The proving chamber is for the yeast to grow and multiply, so will be at about blood heat. Not 50C.

What about a computer case fan? Should cope with 50°C.
Indeed - and, as JohnD has said, it probably won't be anything like as high as 50°C. As far as I am aware, yeast dies at 55°C or thereabouts, and the optimum temp for dough making is closer to 30°C.

Kind Regards, John

My mistake. After my initial post I googled and saw the temp would be around 35C. That fan robin0577 linked to looks like it would do nicely.
Thanks.

And what do you think happens to the heat that's carried away in the water?

Slightly off-topic, a friend of mine who lives alone in sheltered housing inherited a substantial sum from a relative he didn't know existed. Not having much to spend it on, he built himself a flight simulator PC, with 4 graphics cards and wrap-around monitors. Shortly afterwards he had a visit from the police, who had used a thermal imaging camera in their chopper to identify possible cannabis farms...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back