Fan is not slow running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vokera excel 80 sp boiler. In CH mode, the boiler fires up and then off for a 3 minute idle interval, but the fan is not slow running during the 3 minute idle interval, so the boiler is very hot. I can see the pin is not extracting, still pressing on the system flow switch unless turn off the main power supply. What is the problem? Is the system flow switch diaphragm gone?
Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Look at the manual for circuit diagram.

I think the fan is supposed to stop running when the boiler has reached operational temperature. Pump keeps running (so the pin does not extract) to 'dump' heat to the radiators. After the anticycle timer has run out, if demand still in place, ignition sequence commences

Fan should run slow when boiler does not have heating or hot water demand

When was the boiler serviced last? Looked at your previous post on this boiler. You may want to look at page 2 of the manual to understand boiler operation a little better

Copied and pasted from earlier post......

The pilot was off two days ago
Pilot should not be off. If it is, then there is a defect that is popping the pilot.

I relighted the pilot, and it seemed working again when I tuned on hot water and central heating, but it just worked for 3 or 5 minutes, then stopped

Would be correct if heat demand satisfied.

no indication of temperature by the temperature guage, it dropped below the scale 0

Broken guage. Boiler operation not effected. Guage is only an indicator of heat. It does not alter boiler operation.

above the safety upper limit (1.5bar) just in few minutes

Safety limit is 3 bar when PRV ejects water

the boiler had been working well since it was repaired just over a year ago, which costed me a few hundreds quids

Only faulty parts should be replaced which do not cost arm and a leg, certainly not several hundred pounds. Even failed main heat exchanger or PCB replacement does not make the repair expensive in light of fact the boiler is a workhorse.

Looking at this post and previous, it seems the essential component missing is the boiler service. Look into it and you will have a boiler that operates as expected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back