Fan on WC light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure if I have got this right, I would be very grateful for any comments:

I bring my timer fan supply L & N in through an SFCU 13A 3A fuse (as per manufacturer instructions).

N then connects directly to fan isolator outside room (2m up), whereas L connects to new junction and splits in two:

1. to DP wall switch (20A) (fitted below SFCU) then to fan isolator (switch live).
2. to fan isolator (permanent live)

The live to the light also goes via DP wall switch.

So.. I am putting two lives through the DP switch but what do I connect the supply lives to on the DP?

DP marked:
| SUPPLY N L | LOAD N L |

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
have a look in the for refence section, all you need to know is in there (including no fcu if feeding from light circuit)

does have a neon? if yes, get one that doesnt.

if it doesnt, use the neutral side for the light and the live side for the fan. connect the light accross neutral supply and load as you would with a normal switch. from the FCU, take the neutral and perm. live to the fan isolator. take a live form the FCU to the DP switch. connect to supply on live. take a sw. live from the live load to the fan isolator. form the isolator to the fan.

Sponsored Links
It doesn't have a neon. Thanks, I know what to do now. And thanks, double thanks, for pointing me to the reference section.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back