Fast Flow Shallow Waste - Bathstore

I was going to cut it if i hadnt managed to get it working with the extra drop

I think should work fine though as long as it still sits in the water as you will end up with smells comming through the pipework

Kev

Sponsored Links
In my case air is trapped between the two components which does not allow water to come through. Drilling 4 holes at the top as shown solved the problem.

In my case air is trapped between the two components which does not allow water to come through. Drilling 4 holes at the top as shown solved the problem.
Thanks for advice - got the same problem and tried drilling the four holes but no luck. Did you do anything else aswell?

Cut it, as long as it sits nicely into the trap of water there wont be any smells coming back.

Its only if you cut it too much you may create problems with the trap not sealing 100% of the time do to syphoning, but you may never get any issues.

Personnaly id give it a go, these sort of issues need to be cleared up before job is complete, as you wouldnt want problems to arise after tiles and under floor heating has gone down...for example. That would mean cutting holes in the ceiling!! Oooops!!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for advice - got the same problem and tried drilling the four holes but no luck. Did you do anything else aswell?

No, nothing else. When the water covers the trap and you pull the top part of the trap, do you see air bubbles coming up? Does the water then flow properly?

I have had this problem since installing a Bathstore shower with this trap.The shower tray would fill up to about 1/2 inch and then drain with a gurgle. Tried shortening the middle bit to no avail, then after reading the post drilled 4 holes and Bingo, it now works perfectly.
Well done
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back