Fastest valve for toilet fill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, Looking for a fast filling valve for 6lt close-coupled toilet cisterns. Have fitted a whole house pump and so want toilets to fill fast to minimise pump noise (can't change toilets to mains). Existing, old Torbeck type valves work fine but would 'Fluidmaster Pro' (bottom inlet) be faster or anything better?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Never measured the fill times but Fluidmasters seem pretty quick

Thanks for your replies. Dudley Hydroflo? I timed the two toilets current fill rate; 55 secs and 65 secs. Am I likely to get much faster than that do you think? (2bar 15mm inlet.)

Sponsored Links
Toilets shouldn't be pumped - only gravity feed or mains - as someone will be going to the toilet when everyone else is in bed. The last thing you want is the pump coming on!

Andy

Well, in an ideal world, yes.
I suppose I could reduce the water level in the cistern a bit which would cut the flow quicker. But still interested in finding the fastest inlet valve out there. Anyone got any timings? Toilet race!
Thanks.

Toilets shouldn't be pumped - only gravity feed or mains - as someone will be going to the toilet when everyone else is in bed. The last thing you want is the pump coming on!

Andy
You obviously are too young to have enjoyed a Burlington cast iron cistern @ high level :LOL: . The house rules with one of those was NO flushing @ night . Takes me back , memories of the old Council Estate when I was a kid - Dawn Chorus was everyone flushing , then going outside to try and start their old Fords :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back