fault code ( f22 on a glowworm flexicom 15hx)

Sponsored Links
thats an open vent boiler and fault code is referring to air in system or faulty ntc sensor or pump fault

check first that there is no air in sytem and reset the boiler

you can download the manual direct from glow worm for your particuliar boiler

does anyone know code f22 on a glowworm flexicom 15hx

I had exactly the same problem with my Flexicom boiler. Luckily I have a British Gas service contract and the engineer told me the problem lay in water freezing in the condensate pipe which runs from the boiler to the outside of the house. I bet this is the solution to your problem if it only occurs when the weather is very cold. Fortunately the answer is very simple - lag the condensate pipe to stop the water freezing in the first place. BG said this is a really common problem with condensing boilers so spread the word...

Sponsored Links
Too many bubbles going on in your pipe work and they will be marking a racket - lots of gurgling etc. You need to clear them out. It often surprises me how just a few bubbles can cause the pressure drop on the system to cause this code. So be patient to clear out the bubbles.

Make sure header tank is topping the system up.

Bleed every rad 100%.

Reset the boiler to clear the code.(little recessed button under screen)

Ram the heater and hot water on full blast.

Put a little bucket under the pump and bleed it for a good 10-15 mins until it stop spitting.

Go round and bleed a few of the rads again while you are waiting.

You’ll know when it’s happy as all the gurgling will calm down and will sound nice and happy again.

Keep checking the boiler - it should fire up again as soon as it’s happy with the water pressure. (Just keep reseting it again if it shows up the error code).

Hurray - they boiler has fired again. Let it all ran at full blast for 30 mins then go and bleed everything again just to be sure.

Too many bubbles going on in your pipe work and they will be marking a racket - lots of gurgling etc. You need to clear them out. It often surprises me how just a few bubbles can cause the pressure drop on the system to cause this code. So be patient to clear out the bubbles.

Make sure header tank is topping the system up.

Bleed every rad 100%.

Reset the boiler to clear the code.(little recessed button under screen)

Ram the heater and hot water on full blast.

Put a little bucket under the pump and bleed it for a good 10-15 mins until it stop spitting.

Go round and bleed a few of the rads again while you are waiting.

You’ll know when it’s happy as all the gurgling will calm down and will sound nice and happy again.

Keep checking the boiler - it should fire up again as soon as it’s happy with the water pressure. (Just keep reseting it again if it shows up the error code).

Hurray - they boiler has fired again. Let it all ran at full blast for 30 mins then go and bleed everything again just to be sure.

considering this was 2 months ago, he might have it sorted :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back