Gloworm Flexicom 15hx F22 Error Code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a Gloworm Flexicom 15HX heating only boiler on a vented system with a small header tank in the loft space. The boiler was installed by the previous homeowner around 18 months ago. Hot water is provided via an entirely separate instantaneous water heater.

Almost every time the boiler is switched on manually or by the timeclock it fires for a round 20 seconds then stops and the F22 error code kicks in. If I then press the reset button the boiler fires and I get trouble free heating for as long as I leave the boiler switched on (sometimes hours on end) but I guess constantly pressing the reset button can't be good for the boiler. If I turn it off via the off switch on the timeclock or the timeclock switches it off itself, the next time the boiler fires I get the same F22 error code after the obligatory 20 seconds.

Having done some research, I gather that this code is referring to "Low water pressure or ignition temperature rise too slow". I have bled all radiators in the system and there was very little air to remove, I have checked the water level in the header tank which was sufficient and checked the cold water feed leading out of the tank for a blockage which seems to be clear. Indeed I drained a radiator and replenished it and the header tank emptied and topped up itself all ok after reattaching the radiator and there is still no air in the radiators. I've checked the condensation pipe for a blockage and all appears clear.

I would would imagine that the next thing to do is check the pump for an air lock but at the moment I cannot locate it. I have tried tracing all the pipework and listening for it under floorboards but cannot locate it - is it possible that there is no pump?!

Does anyone have any ideas?

The boiler is still under Gloworms 2 years guarantee but as it was installed by the previous homeowner, will this guarantee transfer to me as the current owner? And as the F22 code seems to be referring to central heating circulation/air lock/pump etc problem is it likely that Gloworm will not carry out a warranty repair as their boiler is not at fault?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back