Fault with Potterton Profile 50e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've got a Potterton Profile 50e which has served me well for years. I've had the dried out capacitors problem on the PCB in the past and i've also changed them very recently. The problem is this. The boiler fires but occasionally clicks and the flame dims and reignites. Sometimes the flame goes out altogether and the boiler takes some time to reignite. When its really cold the boiler refuses to start.
I've posted a video at http://youtu.be/I-6kQI7l93o and you can see the flame dim at 00:04 and 00:21 with the GV solenoid clicking. The aps seems to be working ok else the pilot light wouldn't light (right?). Maybe its the fan.
Anyone seen this before?

Thanks
Richard[/url]

Sponsored Links
These kind of problems are mostly gas/combustion related and we dont give DIY advice on there here.

The obvious advice is to get a competent gas reg engineer.

Tony

The only checks you can make are all the pcb connections and all wiring connections for security. I doubt its the fan, but you will require a gassafe registered repair man for any further work. There's a few reasons why that could be happening to your boiler.

Struggling to light first thing and main burner momentary dropping out.
Good chance its Dirty pilot getting pulled away from sensor.
Needs a service

Sponsored Links
I must remember to check if the pilot is clean the next time that I take a flight!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back