Faulty 3 Port Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had what I thought was a faulty 3 port valve actuator. I removed the head and tried to turn the valve manually on it's spindle. It is incredibly stiff, and the only way I can move it is to use a pair of pliers. I would imagine that for the motor to operate the valve properly, the valve should be spinning freely. Is this the case? If it is stuck, would the motor burn itself out?

Can anyone confirm if the above is correct so that I can try and fix the problem - February in Scotland is not when you want to be without Central Heating.

Thanks

:cry:

Sponsored Links
The actuator is a Sunvic. The whole thing was fitted as new when the house was built 7 years ago. Would it be debris in the pipes causing the valve to stick or simply wear and tear. All water coming from rads and the pump bleed point is clear - not black which I have been told means some corrosion?

Thanks for replying.

Sponsored Links
If you wiggle the spindle about a bit with a spanner, you may be able to loosen it. If you can't get a Sunvic valve, a Danfoss HSA3 is a possible replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back