Faulty Alarm - Help Needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

My alarm has a fault. It worked for about 6 months after moving in. Then if a recall the screen still lit up but displayed a string of zeros for the whole display length. I tried pressing buttons to do some reset function but then the screen went blank and button presses do not do anything. The screen still lights up.

Some 4 years later we are moving house and I want to repair the alarm.

The display panel seems to be a GT490X and the code in the main panel seems to match this model from some google images i found.

I have very little idea what I am doing and in an attempt to check a fuse the alarm went off... i put the fuse back and turned off the main power again and the display panel beeped and the alarm noise stopped. The display panel is now back in its state of lit up with no function or displayed characters.

I am hoping it is just a battery thing but doubts have arisen since the alarm sounded. also, why does the display panel light up?

Any advice would be much welcomed.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
490 is same as eurosec cpx if I remember correctly .... could be various issues , faulty battery , keypad data bus , the keypad itself ...later gardtec keypads where notorious for display issues , you will need a multimeter to check the basics

Thanks for the insight.... sounds like i might have to pay an engineer then...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back