Veritas Excel Control Panel working but blank screen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since we had a power cut the other day, the Veritas Excel Control panel on my house alarm, is lit up but the display screen is blank. Strangely I can set the system for full or part alarm, as I do most days and can disarm the alarm with my code as before. It just doesn't show anything on the display, which is fine currently as I don't intend on changing anything currently, but if I want to, I'm a bit stuck.

Anyone had this or something similar on this or other control panels?

Any help gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
We had another power cut today - more serious, off for 6 hours - but what it did fix, was the display which is now all back and working - not a recommended way of fixing the problem, but there you do.

Now trying to find out how to stop the alarm, once it was on battery after the power loss, and then started to sound, but entering my code didn't work - but there again at that time I couldn't see the control panel display, so who knows what it was saying.

To stop the internal siren, I disconnected the battery from the main control unit, which stopped that but not the wall mounted external box - well not for 20 mins or so anyway. Maybe disconnecting the battery (for probably a few hours in the end) was what sorted the original problem out!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back