Veritas Excel Alarm install

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My personal recommendation would be the Pyronix Euro Mini if you're after something that you won't be needing to expand much in the future. Failing that, upgrading the Excel to an Elite 24 for about £120 gives you scope to add wireless devices and a Smartcom for app control etc.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting that the EuroMini is recommended. I looked at this panel quite some time back but found the user interface for setting seemed a bit convoluted. Have they changed this in more recent panels - single key setting per the Veritas?

Looking at the kit in the eBay link, I would probably go for different detectors such as the Optex RX40QZ.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The euro mini has allways had quick set ( if programmed ) yes A/B/C/D and its prox compatible....far better for the money than an excel ..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The mini is a great panel for the money. As above, if you enable Simple Set, it's two button presses to arm and just the code to disarm. Fitted a few and never had any issues with them.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting information - and sorry for hijacking the thread!

I installed the Veritas in my home as there was something about the user interface on the EuroMini I didn't like - probably not the setting!! Something I need to do did seem to be a lot of YES and NO button presses to do something quite quickly on the Veritas. Looking at the most recent user manual most things I use seem quite quick. I do like the look of the panel though and it was a contender when I fitted mine. Next time around I will have a look at the EuroMini

What is the part set entry tone like on the Euro? The Veritas is not particularly audible as it clicks

Sponsored Links