Faulty timer?? or incorrectly wired??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had probs with my heating ever since I moved into my house about 4 months ago, Gotta Baxi 105e, Seimens RWB7 timer and seimens room stat.

Everytime the timer comes on I have to turn the room stat up for the heating to kick in....which I understand the roomstat is doing its job.

However, yesterday I removed the RWB7 timer and could control the heating via the roomstat, I think having my timer is pointless.

I have bought the original baxi mechanical clock, tried that yesterday but it did no more than my current siemens timer does. I do know the clock is working as I left it for a couple of hours to see it was operating.

All I want is my heating to come on and go off 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening, without having to turn the roomstat up, if i leave the roomstat turned up the heating can run 24/7.

Is it that my timer is wired Incorrectly?

Sponsored Links
It does sount as if it may be wired wrongly.

However unless I checked the system and the wiring I cannot be 100% sure.

Tony Glazier

The fact that the installer tried to safe money by leaving the old timer is suspicious. Get someone to check the entire system. I would expect other electrical failures and sludge in the system amongst others. Will save you lots of hassle and money to sort that out before it is too late.

The fact that the installer tried to safe money by leaving the old timer is suspicious. Get someone to check the entire system. I would expect other electrical failures and sludge in the system amongst others. Will save you lots of hassle and money to sort that out before it is too late.

The timer was brand new along with the boiler and roomstat, the house was only built 3 years ago. This was a new installation, the worrying thing js the house belonged to one of the builders.

Sponsored Links
Certainly sounds wired incorrectly, even more so the fact it was the builders house :eek:

This was a new installation, the worrying thing js the house belonged to one of the builders.

Oops, you should have mentioned that.
Sounds like a builder who thinks he know better than the plumber, buys the stuff wherever he can get it cheapest, flicks it on the wall and gets a bloke to sign it off on Saturday morning
Do you actually have the BENCHMARK? See if any of the measurements on there can actually be reproduced.

RWB7 and working with clock removed I bet they have left the link in on clock back plate between live and 2 ......remove it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back