Baxi 105e Heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi 105e combi, every morning when the heating comes on I have to turn up the roomstat for the heating to kick in (it is turned down the night before as it is like the bahamas in the house)

My system is running on a seimens timer and although the timer is on the room stat is controlling the temperature for the whole house, I have TRV's on every rad in the house apart from in the bathroom and the one in the hallway where the stat is located.

I would like to change the electrical timer which is situated in the kitchen to a mechanical baxi timer which would fit onto the boiler, before I do I would like to know if there is any way I can bypass ther roomstat. I plan to replace the lockshield valve with a TRV.

Sponsored Links
I would just start again, l,n and earth to boiler fit timer,and trv ,away you go ,remember to put link back in on boiler were roomstat goes

i could never understand the logic in having all t r v s and a room stat as well i have allways believed in 1 or the other i see you say you are going to replace the lockshield valve with a T R V the lockshield is there to ballance the system all over the house on each rad, you will need to put the valve on the other end, mind you nowdays they are a reversible valve so they will work each end but you still need a lockshield,
all room stats work differntly but i would say if you are planning on using a baxi clock in the boiler there will be a link wire on the p c b connections that will have to be removed and a suitable stat fitted
but it seems you will still prob have the same probs

I would just start again, l,n and earth to boiler fit timer,and trv ,away you go ,remember to put link back in on boiler were roomstat goes

I'm ok with changing the timer, I just don't understand the link bit on the boiler

Sponsored Links
The built in timer has it's own connections below the blanking plate. The link across 1 and 2 is for external controls, in your case the room stat.

yeah I can see a connection block when I remove the blanking plate.

Will the baxi clock overide the seimens timer i have in thee kitchen or do i just remove it off its connection plate?

thanks in advance

Vinny

your r/stat will go to 1 & 2 or r/s and r/l,were you take the 2 wires out put a link in place

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back