Help Controlling a Baxi 105e combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the Baxi 105e and have already replaced the mechanical timer with the electronic 7 day timer (which incidentally, I find to be an appallingly designed user interface). All but one of our rads have TRVs but actually balancing these and the timer correctly for the whole house without a room thermostat and without constant trips to the boiler timer has proved to be impossible.
How easy it is to fit a wireless room stat to use with this boiler in combination/instead of the current timer?
Can this room stat also have programmer functions that can be used instead of the one on the boiler?
Can any standard wireless stat/programmer (Danfoss, Honeywell etc.) be wired into this boiler, or would it need to be the Baxi one (and if so where would be a good place to source it).
Any help appreciated greatly.
Chris

Sponsored Links
Chris if you want a wireless stat from honeywell or such then get one with its own receiver which you can site near the boiler and then have wired in by a sparky.

There is no way on earth a system will ever be right without a roomstat and contravenes the regs to be installed like that.

How longs it been in?

I have a 105e and so does the Gas bloke i work for, he got rid of his digital baxi timer (because he found it a pain :D ) and i have a Honywell CM61 wireless programmable room thermostat, it also has loads of features that can be enabled\disabled at will, including optmum start (saves money but i dont actually use it!).

I have tried balancing my CH system with a differential thermo and basically i cannot get the required drop across each rad ( 5 degree drop at most), but as its a small sealed system the rads heat up in seconds so i'll call it........... Baxi 1: Me 0.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll pick up the CM61 and locate a sparky to fit it at the business end. Presumably I can just remove the programmes that I have set on the boiler timer and that won't interfere with the new one at all?
When I moved in, the system was a standard boiler/pump/cylinder/header tank set up which I had replaced with the combi. With the previous set up there was no room stat either, I guess that's why the boiler fitter didn't bother about one...

Sponsored Links
When you remove the timer, there will be a couple of terminals that, when out of the box (with no programmer on the boiler) are connected to a terminal block, i dont know if the timer wire terminals are just 'parked' in the block or not though?.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back