Fax Server Software

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of any good, reasonably priced fax server software for use to distribute an incoming fax to several PC, and also allow those PC to send faxes via the one line?

I've done a google, but lots of these programmes seem to involve sending and receiving faxes as email, but if someone's got email, why not just send them an email in the first place?!?

Any thoughts or ideas gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
The outgoing bit is a doddle, but what do you mean by "distribute an incoming fax to several PC"?

2003 server has faxing built in, can you not just drop the incoming faxes into a share that the others can access? Ive not used it but it may (or may not..) already have the option to "do something" with the recieved faxes, likewise, I assume theres a way of dealing with outgoing ones.

We used to use Tobit David??? software. With this running on each PC on the network, when a fex came in the server sent a copy of the fax to every PC as an "in" fax.

This was originally done to avoid so many wasted pages of junk fax on a Monday morning and also everyone got to see all the faxes so we never had the "I never saw the fax" argument!

Does Tobit David still exist, and is it rated as a suitable solution still?

Sponsored Links
eggplant said:
2003 server ... I assume theres a way of dealing with outgoing ones.
Exactly - you can fax a document from any client, using the equivalent of a network printer device, but it's just as much a doddle with non-server Windows versions too.

For incoming, it all comes down to what the OP means by "distribute".

you can fax a document from any client, using the equivalent of a network printer device, but it's just as much a doddle with non-server Windows versions too
Yeah I remember vaguely now, one of the many pages in the m$ mcp books that you sort of read but dont read! Cant say as I've ever had a client want to use it, they all seem to prefer standalone fax machines, presumably because usually its a hard copy of something thats being faxed, so it would mean scanning it - scanners and users dont always get on...

Back