feature tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys just a quick question. Im tilling my bathroom and want a mosaic tile about 150mm wide behind the taps running full length of the wall (top to bottom) but i thought i needed to fit this first centrally and then tile either side of it to each corner of the wall but the shop told me i need to fit them as i go from the corner of one wall to the other. Which is the correct procedure? thanks. :confused:

Sponsored Links
either way works as long as you dont end up with a tiny cut at one end. you can cut up to the mosaic feature if you need to as you have a natural break, some people put a 10mm chrome listello in to seperate them.

I would dry lay out first using the mosaic focal point as your start point and see how the cuts end up at each end - as long as both cuts are above 50mm go with it, your focal point is usually more important. dont forget too that you may be able widen the mosiac strip to work the cuts better.

Dont worry too much about what your being told in the shop although the intention of what they are saying is right. The real hard rules are dont start a full tile from the floor or a corner and make sure you dont end up with a tiny cut at any side.

One last thing, although you work you layout from the mosaic, dont start by fitting the mosaics, they are harder to keep in a vertical line.

Thanks for that, that's a great help I think that's what he was saying in the shop about them being hard to keep in a straight line vertically.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back