feed for UFH

M

marsaday

my ufh in the kitchen has its own flow/return. do i need 2 zone valves when i join these up to the heating flow / return or just 1?

Sponsored Links
I would always use 2, 2 port zone valves one to control the conventional heating and 1 for the UFH. Making you system an S-Plan.

Do you have a combi or conventional H/W system. If conventional then it is 3 Zone Valves as the H/W is also a separate zone.

EDIT:

But maybe i miss read your post and you are asking if you should have a Zone Valve on both the flow and return and the answer to this is a simple NO, just the flow.

thanks for reply. yes i am asking about having one on flow and return.

so i have the flow/return coming out of the boiler for the heating rads and T'ed into this is the flow/return for the UFH.

this is where i put the zone valve for the flow then. plumber said i needed one on the return as well but i didnt think i needed this.

we have a vailant combi

You don't need a zone valve on any returns, Just on the flow of each zone you are wanting to control.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back