ufh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if i wanted just my kitchen with ufh, could i install the john guest kit just off the flow and return with no zone valves?

Sponsored Links
We don't know how big the kitchen is, or what the insulation values are.

Why don't you just buy the JG kit for a room of your size, fit it properly and get a decent job done?

If you bodge it it will bite you.

well kitchen is 4m x 5m, newley built so good insulation. I,m just a little lost on the wiring and zone switches and whether to run a new flow from boiler etc. Know anyone that could install it?

You cannot run UFH straight from your flow and returns, the water needs to be blended to reduce the temperature, UFH runs at a maximum of 50 deg C, unless of course you are running your boiler at a maximum of 50 deg C

Sponsored Links
I thought it had its own blender thermostat?

It does.

http://www.speedfit.co.uk/catalogues/JG_UFHRoompack.pdf

Look on page 5 of the pdf. The two options for installation are shown.
One layout takes care of the UFH delay and the other one with the zone valve fitted allows independant operation.
Its best to fit the zone valve as you can get backflows through some makes of TMV and fitting a non return valve on the JG system looks difficult.
The zone valve is also there to switch in the boiler when needed through the end switch as explained in the link.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back