UFH - Two port valve on flow or return?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm plumbing in my UFH and will be putting a two port valve in so I can control the UFH and radiators separately.
Is it OK to have the two port valve on the return from the radiators rather than the flow?
Should I install a two port valve on the UFH and radiators? Or just one on the radiators so I can run the UFH independently.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Flow is more usual, although it will still work with the valves on the return.
You need a valve for each part of the system, so one for the radiators and another one for the UFH. A third valve for a hot water cylinder if there is one.

That's great thanks.
The return is much easier to get to so will probably put them there.
Do I need a bypass as when both valves are shut no water will flow? It's a vaillant 831 combi. Not sure if it has one internally!

Flow is more usual, although it will still work with the valves on the return.
You need a valve for each part of the system, so one for the radiators and another one for the UFH. A third valve for a hot water cylinder if there is one.

Sponsored Links
If you put them on the return they will possibly make a loud clunk when they close, if another circuit is still running, put them on the flow as they were designed for

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back