Ufh two port valve Location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
3B407E73-3B18-4C67-9011-101122A235CA.jpeg
So having bought a new house with underfloor heating Im finding it very inefficient.

Let it be said now I am a complete layman.

I have worked out a few of the wrinkles in the system but as I studied the way it is plumbed
And wired I believe a two port valve is in the wrong location which may be adding to the
Inefficiency problem.

The ufh system is an uponor up36 control floating mixing valve control.
This has a motorised mixing valve rather than a mechanical one.

What Im looking at is on the flow (heat )in a two port valve(normally closed) then the motorised mixer. The two port valve opens then the mixer opens. Why have two valves in line?

Theres nothing to keep the under floor heating go in a continuous loop.

My thinking is the two port valve should be just past the circuit of the ufh. It is normally closed
And it creates the closed loop of the ufh. When the temp drops and the system calls for heat
The two port valve would open then the motorized mixer would feed 45degree water in and with the two port valve open it would let the cooler water to return to the boiler. With the water mixed in both of the valves close and the water is pumped around the ufh loop( circuit)
Until the sensor calls for more heat.

So in the picture I believe the two port valve should be located on the other side of T joint left of the dial gauge. This would put it in the return.

I hope this will make some sense.

So Am I barking up the wrong tree? Or did the installer make a boo boo?

Sponsored Links
Yes your barking up the wrong tree, the two port is to separate the ufh from the hot water/rads , it also acts as a relay to bring the boiler on, looks fine where it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back