Felt over ridge tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

we’re having a loft conversion and before I ask the builder and look like a fool … we’ve had a dormer built and the appeared to finish the felt and put the ridge tiles back today but laid the felt over the ridge tiles which looks awful . Will this be trimmed off or is this common practice ?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Nothing specific on the original plan… I’ve attached some photos from the drawings

Sponsored Links
Obviously the felt overlap should be straight and even to give good appearance.

But its a but of a crap design. The designer should have either left the ridges off and designed a connection detail for the felt and tiles and typically this gives a narrow overlap and minimal view of the felt, or designed the connection so that the ridges could be fixed on the top afterwards to maintain the appearance.

Its the designers fault not the builder/roofer

Poor design the ridge tiles should sit on the felt/rubber if it was better thought out! and I don't see any ventilation specification. The Velux plasterboard detail at the top should be splayed back to let more light in, and to stop you banging your head on a 90° corner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back