felt roof for shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
am rebuilding my shed as the roof has leaked grr whats the best roof to put in and what covering should i use? i was thinking off a sloping roof to back of the shed currently on a flat 1 and water has got in between the the over lap of the felt strips any ideas ???

Sponsored Links
Put a better slope on your roof and get some torch on felt and underlay, should be good for 20yrs at least

Depends on how much you want to spend, you can get a self adhesive felt which is a lot better than the thin diy stuff.
Or as Catlad said, torch on felt, if your any good with a flame gun.
Easist would be EPDM.

am a gas fitter by trade so i have a blow tourch lol was hoping to keep cost down but theres no point in skimping in the long run. what do you do just melt the felt on to it ?

Sponsored Links
The torch on stuff is laminated with tar and just needs heat to make it stick to the wooden deck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back