Felt Roof Liquid Waterproof Covering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Over the weekend I removed the gravel covering on a flat felt roof. The previous owners had obviously got lazy with there maintenance as I didn't even know there was a gravel covering and had assumed it was a green roof with the inch thick covering of moss over it :(

Now i have cleaned the roof i am looking to apply a liquid water proofer over the existing felt to seal it. I don't think there are any leaks but would feel better know its all nicely sealed up. Can anyone recommend a product which would be good.

Thanks in advance.

ChrisB

Sponsored Links
So you've removed the solar protection, that was working even better with moss, and now want to coat it? Solarflect is not a waterproof coating, try Cromapol.

So you've removed the solar protection, that was working even better with moss, and now want to coat it? Solarflect is not a waterproof coating, try Cromapol.

Yep. The moss would have acted as improved solar protection but it also retained a lot of damp. I will be laying stone chippings back over the roof to protect it but would like to add an additional layer which is waterproof.

Thanks for the recommendation, Crompaol looks promising.

Sponsored Links
As you`re putting the chippings back - and assuming you`re near to a Wickes - have a look @ their 25 litre drums of bitumen roof seal - cheap as chips , and perfectly adequate for an old 3 layer felt roof ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back