Repairing a small leak in garage roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The flat roof of my garage leaks slightly and I'd like to seal it.
It's only leaking in one place.

Construction is felt on thick ply, but with gravel stuck to it on top.
There's a small amount of moss which may have caused a puddle. I've cleared this now. And some of the gravel has come loose but most is stuck tight.

I don't have a great idea where the breech in the roof is as the gravel hides the roof mostly.
I'm looking into a number of paint-on sealants, an acrylic one from wickes, or Isoflex liquid rubber. But not sure if these will work painted on top of the gravel?

I'd be very grateful for some advice on how to fix this in the short-medium term... Not expecting to stay in this house for much longer so I don't want to fork out 1.5k for reroofing.

Thanks,

Fmnzt

Sponsored Links
you need to be pretty careful what you use. It's no good using anything rubber as the oils in the felt/bitumen that is sticking your gravel down will just eat through it once it warms up. If you intend to keep the roof and just patch it cheaply, some sort of bitumen paint will do the job so long as you know where the leak is and the structure underneath is sound and not wet and rotten. Otherwise the rubberall stuff I used is pretty cheap to re-do the roof. Even if you're not going to be there long, it's always a good selling point when someone sees a new roof. Especially when it hasn't cost you much ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back