Fence Post Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I need to replace my fencing.

I currently have wooden posts and plan to replace with concrete, but one of the posts is proving to be a big issue. From our level to the neighbours ground level side is a big drop, 3 feet.

Realistically the post needs to be 8 feet out out of the ground, so we can have a little bit of privacy, regarding the next panel up the slope. There our gardens are level with each other.

I can't source long enough posts, as they say anything over 9 feet breaks easily, so they don't make them.

I hope you understand my situation and would like to hear any thoughts and ideas, or has anybody come across something similar?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
These are available in lengths up to 3.2m (around here) but they are 125mm square against the usual 100mm.
I guess you could cast your own if all else fails....depending on how many you need!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back