Fer falcon combi boiler insufficient pressure help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently freeezing, and need advice desperately...

My Fer falcon combi boiler has 'insufficient pressure', it's down to 0.3bar when off, then only rises to 0.6bar when on. But it only turns on for about 5 seconds then shuts off and a green light flashes (which when I look at the manual says it has 'insufficient pressure'!).

I've tried turning it off and on a few times and it keeps doing the same thing, just shuts off and a light flashes, indicating 'insufficient pressure'.

I've read somewhere that I need to move some water in the system via a 'loop' to boost the pressure. Is this right?

Sponsored Links
Yes you need to fill the system via the braided filling loop to 1 bar.

Yes you need to fill the system via the braided filling loop to 1 bar.

Do you know how to do this? There are about 6 pipes running from the boiler, each has a coloured knob. The one's which connect to the 'filling loop' are red and blue. Is it these I need to loosen to allow water into the boiler?

On each end of the braided hose there should be a black knob, turn both of these to allow water into the boiler. keep an eye on the gauge.

Sponsored Links
On each end of the braided hose there should be a black knob, turn both of these to allow water into the boiler. keep an eye on the gauge.

There are no black knobs. The braided hose is connected to both pipes by large metal nuts which I can't phyiscally turn. If i did manage to turn these the hose would come off! But there is a red and blue coloured knobs a few inches away from the hose which come off both pipes where the hose is connected to. Do I turn these? I know I need to turn them a little, just enough to let a little water pass between them.

Filling loop valve handles are often black, but not always. In any case, both the valves - one at each end of the braided hose - must be open for the water to flow.

red and blue coloured knobs a few inches away from the hose which come off both pipes where the hose is connected to. Do I turn these? I know I need to turn them a little, just enough to let a little water pass between them.

Those will be the right knobs - open them both fully (usually a quarter turn) until the pressure is around one bar, then close them both fully.

red and blue coloured knobs a few inches away from the hose which come off both pipes where the hose is connected to. Do I turn these? I know I need to turn them a little, just enough to let a little water pass between them.

Those will be the right knobs - open them both fully (usually a quarter turn) until the pressure is around one bar, then close them both fully.

Brilliant. Thanks very much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back