FER Falcon problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a FER Falcon combi boiler, obviously its not working properly. The boiler fires up, runs for 5 seconds and shuts down. When I turn on the hot water tap, the pilot light LED flickers, clicks, and goes off. No hot water at all.
I would have said it was a thermocouple, but aparently it doesnt have one.
Any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
APS? I'm sorry, I have no idea what that is. I hope I didn't give the impresion I knew anything about boilers by mentioning the thermocouple? The only reason I know what that is, is because I had one go on me about 15 years ago on a different boiler.

APS=air pressure switch.if your not compentent,leave it to an RGI regestered gas installer,could also be a flue problem/fan etc;

Sponsored Links
Cool, cheers for that. I'm competant in most things, but I've never really had much experience with boilers/heating. I have a 'man' coming round tomorrow to take a look.

Thanks for your help though :D

Just to let you know, APS seems fine, curcuit board being changed as I type. £110 delivered to my door! Fitted for £60 (mates rates, kinda) Seemed like a bargain to me.

Thanks for your input though. I'll let you know if it works!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back