ferolli boiler not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have a ferolli 77 F boiler that does not light when depressing the pilot button.. fans are working fine gas supply is ok if you open the taps water is coming out okay except everything is cold.

A corgi guy came out and inspected. basically gas is flowing, burner is fine but no flame on pilot and no ticking when depressing pilot. he manually lighted to see if it fires up, and it did, once u opened a tap it worked fine until u closed it and switched off again.he said theres something wrong with a gas valve or something. also, the pilot button button when pressing gets stuck and does not move freely as it did and there is no clicking noise when pressing the pilot button as it used to before if it ever did go off. ive already had a thermocoupler fitted since november.

the plumber has advised i get a new boiler with guarantees etc etc.. ive had this over ten years and no probs till now, im just wondering if i should and that what he has diagnosed is the gas valve.. can someone please tell me if it could be anything else or i should try something else.

as you can imagine i have no clue with boilers, all comments will be really appreciated. thx

Sponsored Links
I would advise getting another heating engineer out who knows what he is doing, rather than one who just wants to fit a new boiler :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back