ferolli boiler sys 10/23

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a boiler that starts and heats up ok but when it reaches its temperature and cuts out it only stays off for about 10 seconds and fires up again no matter what the setting on the thermostat then after a while you need to press the reset button to get it running again , i hope to get a new thermostat first thing monday morning and its a long drive between the parts supplier and the house , can anyone recommened any other parts i might need when im there many thanks for any replies :rolleyes: ferolli 10/23

Sponsored Links
I dont recognise that boiler and would wonder if it might be quite old!

It usually takes a lot of skill to diagnose boiler faults and merely changing parts without properly diagnosing the fault can be very expensive.

Tony

hi tony its about 3 years old , but the parts are not so easy come by here in ireland, at the moment im in dublin where i hope to be able get a thereostat in the morning then its a coulpe of hours drive to the house , i know its better to know exactly the part i need first but as im here i thought id chance picking up a stat and hope for the best , thanks anyway

I expect there is a name to go with that number!

I done even know what you mean by a "thermostat" !

That fault could be caused by several things including the PCB or possibly the temperature sensor or even fan safety devices.

Unfortunately no knowing your boiler I cannot be any more specific!

Tony

Sponsored Links
no name i even checked the book its just ferroli sys 10 - 23 ! the only controls on the front are from left to right 1 on/off 2ch boiler thermostat 3 reset knob with lamp 4 ch pressure guage. it was the boiler thermostst on the front i was going to take a chance on getting , thanks anyway

What you are calling a "thermostat" sounds like a temperature control knob.

Thie would usually be a potentiometer which operates in conjunction with the PCB and a temperature sensor.

Tony

This seems to be a very simple and old fashioned boiler and I would have expected it to have been 13 years old rather than just 3 !

As you rightly say it seems to have a mechanical thermostat and this does not seem to be operating and instead the overheat limit stat seems to be controling the boiler.

Before you replace the thermostat just check that the sensor is firmly clipped to the flow pipe and that it has not come adrift.

Tony

In the spirit of your first post, to speculate on a new overheat stat may pay off.
Prove or disprove anything else before you spend money. Your quest to find out the cause of why its overheating could be something more expensive like a gas valve [sticking on], a pcb or a pump

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back