Ferroli 77ff HW fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, could some one give me an idea what could cause this problem. Right when the HW is used, after about 5 mins the boiler cuts out totally inc pilot. The pilot will relight without problem.ch side there is no problem, many thanks in advance for any advice , Jim.

Sponsored Links
hello jim,
It seems that either the stainless steel heat exchanger is blocked (but some boilers do not have them) or the gas pressure need to be set right.
You might also need the fan/air pressure switch to be looked at.
If your boiler does have a heat exchanger cleaning it out is not easy but it can be done however it could take about half a day, if done properly.
All the best let me know if you need more help

Athensgasplumbing, perhaps your advice would be more at home in Athens instead of good old uk. Think you are taking the pi55 by writing what you have posted. Do you really know what the 77FF looks like outside and in and how it works? How would you feel if the poster, based on what you write, gets hurt whilst following you elementary boiler knowledge :eek:

If you do not know the appliance, better not to offer advice. Plenty posters here with far better knowledge andunderstanding of this boiler than you and me and they fail to post as area the fault lies in could lead to safety issues, injury even, if prodded and poked by someone unfamiliar with gas boilers

Sponsored Links
The 77ff has no secondary heat exchanger. Your fault can only safely be diagnosed and repaired by someone qualified to test safety critical parts and that's my advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back