Ferroli 77FF plume flue managment kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I will ask this first question of mine in fear of some abuse.
My house recently sold and been asked by the buyers solicitor to get a boiler service carried out.
I did this but it has failed due to the flue being only 100mm from a garage side door, minimum of 300mm is required as you would no doubt know.
Ferroli have told me that a plume kit is no longer available due to age of the boiler (a Ferroli 77FF combi).
I am considering the fitment of an alternate make/model kit as many seem to have standard 60/100 fittings. Can anyone please advise if this is possible, really hoping for some good news as I don't want to have to replace the boiler for this reason as it is in good working order, and of course I would like to save my pennies.
I was thinking of a Biasi 60/100 pp kit which would take the flue neatly horizontally then and up the house wall. There is however some small slots to the outer flue on the Biasi model at the elbow where the horizontal meets the vertical, not sure if this is for a sensor or just additional air holes.

PS There is only about 1 inch gap above my original fitment flue which exits to the side of the top of the boiler. I think it is impossible to have it roof mounted due to the minimal work space, and again I think the flute housing will be unavailable, even if there was one ever listed for it

Many thanks in advance for any guidance

Ian

Sponsored Links
I presume that's down to legislation compliance rules?
Is the only solution boiler replacement then?

Sponsored Links
That's not the news I wanted to hear. Oh dear. Okay thanks for the advise Dan

Yes, very true Dan. Just seems like a lot of money to spend on a good boiler, but hey ho, regulations are what they are and we all have to oblige eh.

Its a realitively minor defect so no way would I put in a new boiler, offer the buyer I dunno £300 towards a new boiler if and when they decide to change it.

Picasso, you are talking my language! Thank you very much. Have just been thinking of offering up to 50% (maybe far too generous!??) toward it.
After all he will be benefiting from a shiny new boiler won't he :)
Cheers

True. If the house has a boiler of that quality and vintage installed, chances are there is a lot of work being planned by the new owners anyway.

If they make a big deal of this relatively minor defect, then they're probably trying to milk the situation.

Oh goody. A call to my Solicitor tomorrow will hopefully get this sorted soon then, depending I suppose if they need quotes....I guess around £1500 is an average fitted price??

You have done what you have been asked to carry out ie a boiler service.

Has this (possible) flue exit location been pointed out to you during previous service/repair visits or has the garage been recently added.

As what Dan has said,they could be milking the situation.

Maybe some photos of the offending flue will further help us,sometimes people make mistakes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back