Ferroli 901 help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replaced the pcb in my 901due to chattering relays but when I installed the replacement the pump and fan ran for about 20 seconds before the fuse blew. I replaced the fuse now the leds light (but are dim), the pump and fan run but the red led comes on after about a minute and everything goes off. If I switch off and wait it does the same thing. Any suggestions welcome - thanks

Sponsored Links
Here's a bit of advice , call an engineer ;) , this boiler is a shyte box

Maybe you've fitted one of the plugs on the board in wrong?
As agas says thou, maybe best to call in a pro.

It's been good for a long time and I plan to call an engineer if I can't fix it, just hoping for some pointers - thanks

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I thought that but photographed the old board and was super careful when refitting.... hmm

Normally a red fault light on a boiler means there's a problem with the ignition sequence. If this is the case with your boiler then really you shouldn't be messing with it.
I don't think the gas pros are allowed to give out any advice when it comes to dealing with gas/combustion issues on boilers.

Where did you purchase PCB from ?

What safety checks are you going to do to see if boiler running safely?

I'm planning to get an engineer in to check the boiler and service it in any case but would like to find the fault first if possible

Thanks, I have but it hasn't helped. The fault finding is quite limited. Appreciate it was a long shot posting but worth a try

Thanks, I have but it hasn't helped. The fault finding is quite limited. Appreciate it was a long shot posting but worth a try
no offence mate ,i tend not to give advice regarding PCB's when people have limited know how and safety issues as this boiler can surprise you o_O:cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back