Ferroli Combi

ok guys will measure it tommorrow and report back, dont wanna measure it now, had a long day and getting very tired :eek:
thanks for all your help

Sponsored Links
sorry raden , my multileter doesnt measure continuity, but my megger does, with an audible bleep

Depends on yer megger but they're for insulation breakdown testing - not quite the same! If you don't have a regular Ohm meter (as on a multimeter), get say a 9V battery , one terminal on one connection of the fan, and your voltmeter on dc between the other battery terminal and the other fan connection - it should read 9V still, through the fan as though the fan was a bit of wire.

Sponsored Links
you're not looking for continuity
as Chris said, you're looking for a resistance of about 50 ohms

(I had my knuckles rapped for saying what you should expect earlier tonight ... open questions !")

However, this is not definitive as you might get breakdown at 230 v that you wouldn't get at low voltage

Different meal. I mean thread. This man has his own megger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back